- This event has passed.
Mitchell’s Plain Titans Road race 11 November 2023 at Rocklands Sports Complex
11 Nov @ 6:00 am - 1:00 pmR55.00 – R210.00
5km Funrun starts at 07h30, 10km starts at 06h30 and 21km at 06h00
1. The race is run according to the rules of World Athletics, AS and WPA.
2. All registered athletes must wear valid licence numbers, on the front and back.
3. Participants may enter the age category corresponding to their chronological age or any younger category down to Senior.
4. One race number (bib) will be issued. Registered athletes must wear their ASA licences on the front and back of their vest.
5. The race number must be worn on the front of the vest, partially covering the ASA licence so that the licence sponsor remains visible.
6. Temporary licenced runners must wear the race number on the front of their vest and the temporary licence on the back.
7. Temporary licenced participants are eligible for age category prizes provided they enter the relevant age group, wear age tags and provide proof of age.
8. Temporary licence holders, when registering, must complete and hand in the tear-off strip from the number in order to be eligible to compete.
9. Tog bag facilities will be available, at own risk.
10. Runners must obey traffic officers, race officials and race marshalls at all times.
11. The organisers, sponsors and WA accept no responsibility for injury and accident resulting from participation in the race.
12. Participants must be 16 years old for 21.1km and 14 years old for 10km.
13. Juniors (born 2004 or later) must display “J” category tags to qualify for age category prizes.
14. Entry cards must be in the athlete’s possession at all times during the race and handed in at the results board at the finish.
15. Age category tags must be worn front and back if runners wish to be eligible for age category prizes.
16. Refreshment tables will be provided at regular intervals in accordance with the rules of AS and WPA.
17. Cut-off times are as follows: 21.1km – 3h30 (at 09h30), 10km – 2h00 (at 08h30).
18. Wheelchair athletes must please contact the organisers timeously to discuss arrangements for their participation.
19. The use of music players with headphones/earphones is not allowed and may result in disqualification.
20. Do not litter. Dispose of sachets and cups responsibly by using the boxes provided or carrying them to the finish. Report
offenders to the referees.
21. No personal seconding will be permitted, except at official refreshment stations.
22. In addition to overall (Open) prizes, participants will only be eligible for an age category prize in the age category they enter.
23. Lucky draw prizes will be awarded. Prize giving will commence at 09h00.
24. Children under the age of 10 to be accompanied by an adult.
25. Medals will be awarded to all runners.
DISCLAIMER; Participants in this event do so at their own risk and release and discharge the organisers, sponsors,
provincial and national athletics bodies and all persons assisting in staging the event from any responsibility, liability or
costs relating to any injury, loss or damage of whatever nature, however caused, arising directly or indirectly from their
participation in the event.
Inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org